Banksia Nut Sierra in Platinum /Titanium

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnaPen

TurnaPen

Starting to get back into it after illness, this Sierra Platium/Titanium kit in Banksia Nut, the nut was cast by a couple of Aussies as a trial, and I was blessed by a gift of a blank. The finish is CA, it was quite tricky to turn as the photos show, as holes appeared I filled with Ebony sawdust I had saved. Hope you like it. Amos

Attachments

• P1010823 (Medium).JPG
    P1010823 (Medium).JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 246
  • P1010817 (Medium).JPG
    P1010817 (Medium).JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 182
  • P1010816 (Medium).JPG
    P1010816 (Medium).JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 297
  • P1010810 (Medium).JPG
    P1010810 (Medium).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Amos

Glad you showed this pen here as well. As I mentioned on the other site that grey photo really shows that pen and kit off. Excellent photograghy on that. It is funny you showed this pen because I asked a question in another forum about how you would cast a material like that. Would you have any input on that??? Thanks for showing.

TurnaPen

The reply on the UbeautWoodwork Forum, is that these were pressure cast, as for turning, I found it hard in some places, but after sharpening aok, the main thing to watch for is the bits that don't get stabilized can easily fall out and cause little voids, which I filled in with Ebony, some have used coffee in a slurry. Amos
JTT the Aussie site reports that Boomerang Info cast them. Amos

Last edited:

Darley

Pen look good, I have to do something with the 200 banksia pods I got in a drum, now got a question, you say the banksia pod was pressure cast, why did you fill the holes with ebony dust? didn't resine fill the holes if it's pressured cast:confused:

Top Bottom