Banksai Pod Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from smoky10

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoky10

I decided To take pictures of this pen with my camera, and I did. I tried to up load them into my computer but my smart-media reader didn't work. I guess its not very smart. Well I had to scan it in after all. It is a banksai pod with auto lacquer that I sanded to knock down the gloss.

200544235525_Banksai%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Interesting pen. Careful around the holes but a great design. Have you thought of using CA to build up in order to have a smooth finish?

wicook

When we were in Australia in 2001 I saw some banksia pods (didn't know what they were at the time...and wasn't yet into turning) lying on the ground in a bit of woods. I found a website that talks about them being indigenous to Western Australia, but they've apparently been imported to some other areas (including Britain, where they're grown in greenhouses). We saw them in southeastern Australia, a bit north of Sydney, if I remember correctly. If I only knew then what I know now... [;)] Ah, they probably wouldn't have cleared customs anyway... [;(]

smoky10

It actually has a very smooth finish. It doesn't look like it in this picture but it is very smooth. The big holes I meant to leave[:D].

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Interesting pen. Careful around the holes but a great design. Have you thought of using CA to build up in order to have a smooth finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom