a banded sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JHFerrell

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHFerrell

Not sure this qualifies as a show off pen or not. Part way through turning an air pocket showed up in the blank. Hoping it would just disappear as I finished turning it, I kept going. No such luck. So, I got out the parting tool, CA and some shavings, turning dust and flakes and this is what I ended up with. Not great but not terrible...at least not too terrible. Suggestions? Comments?

2006122589_sierrafix.jpg

20061225831_sierrafix2.jpg

angboy

Looks to me like a good save. I might have picked shavings in a different color if you had them available, I'm not a huge fan of the combo of purple with orange, but then I don't like purple and red together, and look at what a great seller that's become! But aside from the color, it looks like you creatively saved the pen, and I would bet most people would never know it was a mistake!

JHFerrell

Just goes to show how poor my photography skills actually are...the pen is a very rich dark blue and the band in a pinkish color. Its not purple and orange at all. You're right though it does look like it in the picture. Thanks for the nice comments anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom