Bamboo, Thin Blue Line, Pencil, feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

There have been some recent interest in Thin Blue Line Pens and I had a few requests at work for some more, so I thought I would post a picture of my recent version. The customer liked the two tone black chrome with the blank.

Along with it is my first sketch pencil. I made it for my youngest son who was recently disappointed when I donated a patriotic red white and blue pen he took a liking too.

The third is a ringneck pheasant feather blank on a new Ellipse pen kit. This one is mine. Believe it or not, it's currently the only feather ball point pen I own. lol

The last is a Jr. Statesman I made last month for a gift from my sons Taekwondo master to his Grand Master. I made it using bamboo skewers, splitting them down the middle and gluing them around the tube. It was sanded to shape and finished with CA.

Thanks!

Attachments

• elipse tbl rwb.jpg
    elipse tbl rwb.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 285
  • bamboo skewers.jpg
    bamboo skewers.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Nothing against any of the other pens but your feather blanks to me are still the best on the market. Others have tried but they pale compare to yours. i always love looking at them. Thanks for showing.

jcreasey

What a brilliant idea to use bamboo. I always use bamboo skewers to glue my tubes in. I never would have thought to use them this way. They look fantastic!

JohnU

Thank You all for the kind words. Lately it's just been nice to get some shop time in between resin pours. :)

What a brilliant idea to use bamboo. I always use bamboo skewers to glue my tubes in. I never would have thought to use them this way. They look fantastic!

I had made some previous solid bamboo pens from a cutting board but I wanted something with more character this time and thankfully the individual pieces gave it a little something extra. I lucked out! lol

Top Bottom