Bamboo IV

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hello folks. Here's a custom order I just finished today.

I have posted another pen like this before, but since I got a new computer and new software yesterday (my old set up died), I wanted to go through the process of manipulating pics and then posting to see if I could.

IMG_6484.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

IMG_6480copy.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drgoretex

Love that design! What's the material?

Thanks very much! This is alternate horn, which I picked up from Ed and Dawn at exotic blanks.com. Come to think of it, I have a pretty good collection of their cool stuff waiting for an excuse to turn.

Cheers,

Ken

wizard

Ken, That is a Beautiful Pen !!!! Doc

Is that with the 12 mm or 14 mm tap and die ??

Last edited:

drgoretex

Love those!:eek: I hope you dont mind if I try my hand at that style, for personal use only, of course.:smile-big:

Don't mind in the least - After all, I'm just copying real bamboo. I suspect that the one who made that stuff wouldn't mind :biggrin:

Ken, That is a Beautiful Pen !!!! Doc

Is that with the 12 mm or 14 mm tap and die ??

Thanks, Doc! I used neither of those. Used my 1/2 x 28 set. I use the 12 x 0.8 triple for smaller pens, and I don't have the 14mm triple. But, I am getting a set of 14mm single starts any day now so I can enlarge the sections.

Cheers,

Ken

drgoretex

Great work of Art! Any clues on the casting? Beautifully done!

Thank!

Ya - the biggest tip I can give on casting is to buy from the folks who cast really well :big grin: I don't do any casting myself, so I couldn't say. I got this beautiful blank from Ed and Dawn at exotic blanks.com.

Ken

Top Bottom