Bamboo Illusion Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

The idea was put in my head by a thread the other day by drgoretex entitled- Cracked Ice 'Bamboo' FP - a custom order

I was on a walk this morning and came across some bamboo and took some photos and spent a good chunk of the morning seeing what I could figure out. I grabbed a piece of what I think is basswood? A guy who does wood carving gave it to me. It's a rough first attempt, but I already have plans for a second and a different type of wood and finish in mind for the second one.

Comments welcome. The groove down the side was done with a Dremel.

Martin

Attachments

• Bamboo Illusion 0001-2629.jpg
    Bamboo Illusion 0001-2629.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 359
  • Bamboo Illusion 0001-2631.jpg
    Bamboo Illusion 0001-2631.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Bamboo Illusion 0001-2632.jpg
    Bamboo Illusion 0001-2632.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 234
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drgoretex

Woo-hoo! That is AWESOME! I have been totally outdone (and loving it)! That is a beautiful piece of carving there, well done indeed.

Ken

MartinPens

drgoretex said:
Woo-hoo! That is AWESOME! I have been totally outdone (and loving it)! That is a beautiful piece of carving there, well done indeed.

Ken

Ken - Thank you for the inspiration. I would NOT say outdone! You're kitless pen is superb and gorgeous and completely in a skill set I have not made shavings in yet. I'm glad you like it. Thanks

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

wiset1

I love the ideas you have! The execution looks flawless and the idea is fresh. You keep this up and you'll corner the market. Just sitting here shaking my head...Wow

Pete275

Martin, that pen inspired me to log on when I was only intending to do a quick check of the site. Your work is awesome and very inspirational. Thanks for showing it!

Wayne

IPD_Mr

Well executed. If that is indeed bass wood it should be pretty light weight which is a good thing. Congrats on a first try.

Top Bottom