Bakote Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

It is just a slimline but I thought the grain patten was worth showing.

newpenpics007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Very nice. I take exception to the term "just a slimline". There's nothing wrong with slimline pens. Many, like this one, make beautiful pens.

jkeithrussell

Very nice. I take exception to the term "just a slimline". There's nothing wrong with slimline pens. Many, like this one, make beautiful pens.

I don't know the exact statistics, but slimlines are the most popular style among my family and friends. I've only made pens for personal use and gifts, but whenever I show someone the different styles, more often than not they choose the slimline. When they are done with a quality kit and made well, like yours in this pic, they are very nice pens.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Looks great!
I turned a slim the other day (first one in ages) I forgot how much control
it takes to turn those! I got used to the larger, more forgiving kits..

Nice work!

USAFVET98

I agree with fiferb, that is a beautiful pen. Too much emphasis on the upper quality kits.

You know whats funny, I started the thread that way because I hardly ever see slimlines on the site. I like working with the slimline because for a buck or two, I can try new technics. Well new to me at least.

dntrost

I have to agree slimlines are the most popular pens amongst non pen collectors. I give most of my pens away and I have them in a case with everything from JR gents to slim lines and I can't keep the slimlines even though I hate turning them!
YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON THAT ONE!

bitshird

Nothing wrong with slim line kits, I agree they are about the most popular, and if turned the way they were designed, almost as hard to turn as an El Grande cap!

Top Bottom