Bakelite Swirled on a Imperial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Picked up some old bakelite this week with some swirling color through out the rod. Really nice stuff. Made for an awesome pen. I used an Imperial fountain pen kit from CSUSA which are on clearance. I noticed the old kits in the past had satin ends and the clearance kits now have polished rhodium ends.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 513
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

That's gorgeous! It's too bad that bakelite is not more readily available as it is such a beautiful material for pens.

OKLAHOMAN

Great looking Imperial, fantastic color, just can't beat a high end pen in products like Bakelite,Casein,Ebonite etc.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Between you and Roy, I'm starting to get p'd:mad: and I'm suffering from Pen Envy. That is very classy and expensive looking:biggrin:

cnirenberg

Keith,
That is one sweet looking pen. I love the colors in the Bakelite and a perfect match with the kit. Now I definitely have the Bakelite jones.

mrburls

Thanks for all the comments. Just talked with guy I bought these bakelite rods from and I am getting the last 8 blanks from him. Could'nt turn these down after seeing how wonderful they turn.

Keith "mrburls"

mrburls

Now,, Do you really need all those??....5 or 6 maybe BUT 8...:wink:

Chris, You can never have too much of a good thing :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I guess 16 blanks is a bit much :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I plan on taking a few to the Central Texas meeting at Curtis place on May 15th. Maybe someone "might" have something to trade for one or two. But I got to say these blanks so far have great consistancy of swirl and color all around blank when turned like none I've turned before.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom