Bakelite Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robert Sherlock

Here are some pens from vintage 1930s bakelite:

Orange with white swirl (SS Liberty and Aero)
2-IMG_7295.jpg

3-IMG_7250.jpg

Blue with white swirl (Sierra and Aero)
5-IMG_7305.jpg

1-IMG_7231.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

very nice
I love bakelite, it takes me back to early in my career when it was "state of the art"

Those are just beautiful Robert.

I also worked with bakelite when I worked at the Wilder Dam in Wilder Vermont for 14 years. I worked for New England Electric for 24 years and we saw and used bakelite all the time there.

StuartCovey

Nice pens! I always wanted to try the old Bakelite plastic but haven't been able to find any. Where do you get it?

All of the Bakelike I has come from IAP members or from ebay. Exotic blanks has a few pieces at times but it goes quickly. You can always look in antique stores as I have heard people finding some there...I always look but have never gotten lucky getting it at the antique stores.

Brooks803

Beautiful! Gotta love bakelite.

Every so often you'll see some for sale here on IAP. I've found some in antique stores, but 99% of the time they're part of cutlery and not much of it is useable.

StuartCovey

All of the Bakelike I has come from IAP members or from ebay. Exotic blanks has a few pieces at times but it goes quickly. You can always look in antique stores as I have heard people finding some there...I always look but have never gotten lucky getting it at the antique stores.

All right I'll try that.
Thanks

Top Bottom