Bakelite-blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I was ASKED (very nicely) if this material might be cracked when we got it. Of course, I don't know until I turn it. So, here are a few pics of the blue bakelite that I now have in MY inventory. (no, this one was not cracked)

(If more of you ASK these things, Dawn will give me more stuff - otherwise I get to watch it go by:frown::frown:)

I guess I have to admit I took the third picture to show off!! For those who have asked if you can get "ribbons", I wanted to show that I CAN!! Sharp skew from start to finish, but the first one is 1.25", later went to 3/4"

Happy to entertain questions or comments!!

Attachments

• 809bakeliteblueclosednet.jpg
    809bakeliteblueclosednet.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 809Bakeliteblueswirlnet.jpg
    809Bakeliteblueswirlnet.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 340
  • 809 bakerurnnet.jpg
    809 bakerurnnet.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 394
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hmmmmm............I see two major problems.

First, as you have Ed4Copied my style of photo you will have to send that pen to me.:mad::biggrin:

Second, your extractor ain't working buddy!!!!:biggrin:

But otherwise it's pretty cool:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That pen is old enough to be your grandfather!!!

It needs my kind, gentle treatment.
(And it should be WORTH a few bucks, when we go back to shows!!)

tim self

I haven't seen one of your pens in so long, I thought Dawn had cut you off the blank supply and made him go to work! Nice pen Ed.

JJturns

I'm new here but even I can tell this is really a beautiful pen. I'm also a sucker for this type of blue combo!

JJ

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Good looking pen ED. Did you paint the tubes before gluing in blanks?
Keith "mrburls"

Keith,
I always RECOMMEND painting to people who ask. Then, I go into MY shop and realize I am supposed to come up with a pen out of material that MAY be flawed. Unfortunately, I don't multitask well (checking material and painting tubes--TWO separate tasks --- Did not happen!!)

Interesting on this particular pen. After I turned it, I thought I could see the tubes. In fact, I was pretty sure. So, I took it upstairs and Dawn said, "looks great, kind of translucent, I can see the tubes." To which I replied, "Yeah, I noticed that, what color are the tubes??" She gave me that "How stupid can you be, you must be a man" Look and said, "chrome".

Well, that's the way I SAW them, too, but the tubes WERE brass. I don't have chrome tubes for the full size gent - out of stock.

So, sometimes the material plays tricks on us.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Question have you ever tried to cast the ribbons into another blank? If you have what was the results?
Mark

I have several gallon "Zip lock" bags ready for the princess.

So far, NO, it has not been done in our "lab".
(Maybe that's what she served for spaghetti a couple nights ago-seemed kinda "heavy")

Top Bottom