Back to turning at least for the afternoon!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

251947_372562979470440_1054831916_n.jpg

Here's an idea I had for a while, figured I'd see if I could get past the glue-up phobia. I haven't turned anything in quite a while due to life kicking my @$$ pretty hard. Finally felt like being creative again. Any thoughts on the result???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Nice looking pen, Allan. Tastefully done. The only change I would have made is to use a "European domed top". And that's only because I like the look of a dome rather than a flat top.

Excellent execution and it's good to have you back among the living. I know, first hand, about how it feels when life kicks your a$$.

Drstrangefart

Thank you, sir. It finally felt pretty good to be down there again. I had to work with the parts in the kit, this is for a paying custom order (kinda) and the home-made domed cap would have been a little too fragile for me to be confident sending it out. I also made two others. One with just black resin and one with antler. They will pay for a couple of signed author's copies of a book I need a copy of.

boxerman

Very nice looking pen Allen. Just remember to keep your head up man things well get better for you. You need to turn few pens to try and keep your mind off things. Glad to see your post.

bitshird

Nice job, but I agree with Andy a Euro kit, finial would make it a bit mote classy looking, but like Andy, it's just an opinion, and those are like certain orifices, We all have one!, Good to see you back at the lathe, And about LIFE, just do the best you can, you'll never get out of it alive.

hewunch

Allen, your top barrel lines up nicely with the bullet. This is always good when doing this style of pen and yours is exceptional. Great seeing you back and I look forward to more of your creations.

Top Bottom