Back in the shop to pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glen Schumann

Glen Schumann

Spent time making four pens the last couple of days. All in Berea's Hybrid Cigar kit (purchased through www.exoticblanks.com), two in Platinum and Black Titanium and two in Chrome and Satin Chrome. Finish is 8 coats of WTF; sanding was Abranet 600 after the first two coats and then MM through 6000 after all but the last coat. One of the mahogany pens is destined for laser engraving for a commission order. The walnut and maple was a save required by the walnut tearing out on one end when drilling one of the blank pieces and a piece of walnut tearing out on one end of the other while turning the blank roundl. C&C welcome and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMGP2487 Etsy Handmade Cigar Pen Platinum Black Titanium Mahogany 800.jpg
    IMGP2487 Etsy Handmade Cigar Pen Platinum Black Titanium Mahogany 800.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMGP2498 Etsy Handmade Hybrid Cigar Twist Pen Platinum Black Titanium Mahogany 800.jpg
    IMGP2498 Etsy Handmade Hybrid Cigar Twist Pen Platinum Black Titanium Mahogany 800.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMGP2499 Etsy Handmade Hybrid Cigar Twist Pen Chrome Satin Chrome Cross Grain Walnut 800.jpg
    IMGP2499 Etsy Handmade Hybrid Cigar Twist Pen Chrome Satin Chrome Cross Grain Walnut 800.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMGP2510 Etsy Handmade Hybrid Cigar Pen Chrome Satin Chrome Walnut Maple 800.jpg
    IMGP2510 Etsy Handmade Hybrid Cigar Pen Chrome Satin Chrome Walnut Maple 800.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

plantman

Nice save Glen !! My only C&C would be that these are kind of fancy pen kits for straight Mahogany and Walnut. A nice burl or other exotic wood mite have fit them better. Happy New Year !!!! Jim S

SDB777

Finish is 8 coats of WTF

I know what the typical acronym is for WTF....but I think it doesn't apply here:biggrin: What is WTF?

Crosscut Walnut is pretty when put against a kit that lets the darker timber stand out. On the fence about the Mahogany against that plating though(but that's just a preference, and nothing should be 'taken by it').

Scott (nice to be in the shop) B

Glen Schumann

Finish is 8 coats of WTF

I know what the typical acronym is for WTF....but I think it doesn't apply here:biggrin: What is WTF?

Crosscut Walnut is pretty when put against a kit that lets the darker timber stand out. On the fence about the Mahogany against that plating though(but that's just a preference, and nothing should be 'taken by it').
Scott (nice to be in the shop) B

WTF = Wood Turners Finish from General Finishes. I like it. Clear, hard, easy.

I have a commission for one mahogany in that kit and decided to make two just in case there was some issue.

Thanks for the input guys.

Top Bottom