Back in the Shop - Pecan Wall Street II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Proud2Turn

Proud2Turn

Have been away from the workshop for far too long. Found my way back with the opportunity to make a couple of pen for friends. The body of the pen is pecan and comes from a training course that we served together on, so it was great to be able to work with some wood with meaning. Used a Wall Street II Satin & Chrome hardware. Just used a wax finish for the body, to leave it with a more natural look and feel. First time turning pecan. It did pretty good, but I did have to take extra care with final cuts and some extra sanding time to get a smooth finish.

Its good to be back in the shop and making sawdust again. Any and all comments are always welcome. Picture is from my phone, so sorry about the quality. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Nice job - I love working with pecan.
I like a natural look & feel too, so I usually use a wax finish like you did or a friction polish.
It looks like that piece was starting to get a little soft which might account for the extra time needed for the final cuts & sanding.

Proud2Turn

The second pen

Mentioned that I had made a couple of pecan pens, well here is a picture of the other pen. Think this picture is better than the other one, and I can take absolutely no credit for that.

OZturner

Both are Beautiful Pens, Tim.
What a way to get back to the workshop and sawdust.
Superb Pecan Blanks,
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Beautifully mounted on the Wall Street ll.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom