Back to pen turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 76winger

76winger

It's been just about two years since I last turned a pen (I know, way too long). Last year was spent painting my house and this year was spent moving me and my shop out of it. In just the past week or too I've unpacked enough equipment that I could start up some pen making operations once again.

This lever-action click pen, fitted with a Parker style ink cartridge is the first (of many I hope) off the line from my new location. I'll be completing three more in the next day or two. The barrel is fairly short and I was able to use some cutoffs from past pen projects on it. This one used a leftover piece of buckeye burl.

I'm still looking for a place to set up the photo booth. Photos were taken on my work desk with my iPhone 5 and not up to the quality I get from the Nikon DSLR and photo booth, but take a look and let me know what you think!

View in gallery

View in gallery

View in gallery

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I love Buckeye Burl (yea, I know it isn't from Ohio... Most likely Oregon or California), but that is a great match with the kit!

But... I really think we need to see 20-30 more pens to really voice an opinion :tongue::tongue::tongue:!

Glad to hear you are settling in again.

76winger

Congratulations Dave. I may follow your lead. The pens look good so you haven't lost your ability. I assume we'll get to see them Saturday?

Yes I hope to have it and it's three siblings along. Two of each finish and 4 different blanks, I'm looking forward to getting them all done in the next couple days.

Top Bottom