Back to making pens again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Texatdurango

It's been a while since I made any pens but decided to do an upcoming show and needed some more pens to fill out a table. Today I made a lower body to match a cap I had done several months ago so now I have a complete pen. It is navy blue acrylic sporting a clip robbed from a statesman kit, a sterling silver lower body accent ring and a cap with a sterling silver center accent band that was swedged on.

Nothing exotic but it is very lightweight and feels good in the hand. I think the silver accents add just the right amount of glitz.

Comments, criticism, suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• blue-silver-ftn1.jpg
    blue-silver-ftn1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 305
  • blue-silver-ftn2.jpg
    blue-silver-ftn2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 334
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Good luck at the show. If it the show in Dallas I'll come by and visit. Like the pen and the others you posted with your tutorial.

I've tried several times to duplicate what you showed us at the NT meeting and no success yet...various reasons why but most of them were threading problems. But, success is just around the corner...just don't know which corner. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Do a good turn dialy!
Don

It's been a while since I made any pens but decided to do an upcoming show and needed some more pens to fill out a table. Today I made a lower body to match a cap I had done several months ago so now I have a complete pen. It is navy blue acrylic sporting a clip robbed from a statesman kit, a sterling silver lower body accent ring and a cap with a sterling silver center accent band that was swedged on.

Nothing exotic but it is very lightweight and feels good in the hand. I think the silver accents add just the right amount of glitz.

Comments, criticism, suggestions welcome.

RAdams

Banned
Nothing exotic? Really? I would really really like to see something exotic if this is nothing exotic! That is an AMAZING pen. Can you count all of the customizations on two hands? Holy Schnikies. Seriously, that is a really nice pen. The fit and finish are obviously top notch, and the workmanship is amazing.

I agree about the silver. Is the silver turned to size with the pen, or is the pen turned to match the size of the silver? Beautyfulllll!

You wouldn't happen to have a link to the mentioned tutorial would ya?

cnirenberg

George,
I think the little things make all the difference in the world. Your accent rings make this pen a real keeper. Good luck at your show.

Texatdurango

Good luck at the show. If it the show in Dallas I'll come by and visit. Like the pen and the others you posted with your tutorial.

I've tried several times to duplicate what you showed us at the NT meeting and no success yet...various reasons why but most of them were threading problems. But, success is just around the corner...just don't know which corner. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Do a good turn dialy!
Don

Don, Yes it will be the Dallas Pen Show so be sure and drop by. Actually I think I'm crazy for doing this but I want to see if my pens spark any interest at all before continuing to make them. Friday it's 10am to 8pm... 10 hours sitting behind a table then 7 hours on saturday. I hope we will be allowed to "close the table" for a while to get away and mingle or go eat!

Any time you want to play with pen making, it's just 102 miles to my shop and the doors are always open to friends! Actually we do need an IAP October get together! :)

its_virgil

I plan on being there on Saturday for sure. See you there. October is filled for me. The pen show then the SWAT symposium here in Wichita Falls two weekends later. I'll be demonstrating closed end pens and also in charge of a hands on penturning area. But, I need to take a couple of days off and play so I may just give you a call and drive down for a visit.

Good luck at the show. Should I bring you a sack lunch?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Do a good turn daily!
don

Don, Yes it will be the Dallas Pen Show so be sure and drop by.

Any time you want to play with pen making, it's just 102 miles to my shop and the doors are always open to friends! Actually we do need an IAP October get together! :)

Top Bottom