BACK....BACKKKKKKKKKK IN THE SADDLE AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from McBryde

McBryde

Gotta love that song, figured it was appropriate! I went back out to the lathe this evening, and I turned 2 pens!!! The hand didn't hurt too bad with the vibrations from the lathe. Using the pen mill and sanding them are a whore with the thumb still bandaged up, but I'm just glad to be able to woodwork again.

Hopeing I didn't loose my touch, what do you think?
rwb1.jpg

The top is a sierra with some spalted pecan I found that I had from when I was cutting it and my finger up. The second pen is a mix of a couple of pen attempts that went south and I blew their partners up, so I decided to make a sort of red white and blue pen.

Let me know what you think,

Emerson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

Welcome back.

The spalted pecan looks nice... The other will be a candidate for one of the bash contests next year.:biggrin:

McBryde

LOL, yeah, #2 doesn't do it for me either, but what was I supposed to do with 2 almost finished blanks that were singles? It was one of those things that sounded better than it turned out, ever had one of those? LOL It's all good though, the kit was one someone gave me, and I found the wood, so all I really have in the pen is the cost of a few drops of blue food coloring. Can't complain there.

Emerson

SDB777

Way to go!

Glad your turning again! The top pen looks great, you did that spalted pecan justice.

Scott (don't get CA on your thumb) B

Old Lar

Great job on the pens. I tore up a couple fingers on a table saw two years ago and it was hard to make that first cut a week later. A person gets to be a lot more cautious and observant after an accident. Glad to see you are back at it.

Top Bottom