Baby Gator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
It's been a while since I have posted anything in here so i figured I would show that I do still make pens. This is a gold ti. slim with aligator jawbone and filled with Alumilite. I figured for the new year I would make a new carry pen for me.

Attachments

• IMG_6170.jpg
    IMG_6170.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Beautiful pen, Neil! IMHO, this pen deserves the "fancy" centerband and clip. I love the pen, I just prefer the "fancy" hardware.

Charles

Beautiful pen. Can you share how you did your aluminite pour. I use PR and have crushed coral and tourquise to fill in the teeth holes but how do you acomplish this. I have several pieces of gator jaw bone and cast snake skin regularly. Just not sure how to do it without the crushed coral floating out of the teeth holes when the PR is poured. Also did you cast under pressure?:)

witz1976

Beautiful pen. Can you share how you did your aluminite pour. I use PR and have crushed coral and tourquise to fill in the teeth holes but how do you acomplish this. I have several pieces of gator jaw bone and cast snake skin regularly. Just not sure how to do it without the crushed coral floating out of the teeth holes when the PR is poured. Also did you cast under pressure?:)

Alumilite should always be cast under pressure, it's how you get the bubbles out of it:wink: Mesquiteman (Curtis) has posted a few videos on how to cast with Alumilite :)

Neil - Nice to see you are still turning, looks cool. I think that is one of the most expensive slims I have seen in a while:biggrin::rolleyes:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager

Thanks everyone, it was a couple of small jaws and figured I would give it a try, didn't really expect it to work but it did.
As far as keeping the crushed stuff on the sockets, I would try gluing that in before casting it. I just put the bones in a mold and poured the Alumilite over it all and then slowly cut away the excess to get to the bone. I always cast under pressure no matter what I am using and that is just my opinion so we don't need any arguments about it. I'm working on one for a friend of mine that is going to imitate his smile, he has that gold tooth look from too many years in a ring (considers himself a pro fighter, but he obviously isn't that good if he got all those teeth knocked out(yes he will get to read this))...LOL...I'll post a picture of that one when it is done, should be interesting.

Top Bottom