B&W marble acrylic closed Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

stevers

Hi All,
I had this blank around for a while. Wasn't in a hurry to use it till I found the right project. Today I found the right project. The kit is a Rhodium Jr. Gent and the blank is called black and white marble acryluster. Cant even remember where I got it. May have been in Oregon or WW Emporium in Vegas.
I got the measurements for the nib barrel from a recent thread on closed end JG's. I went right at 2.645. The thread had 2.625 but I went a little more. Rather be a little over and be able to stretch the spring if ness.
I painted the tubes and the insides of the blanks with flat white Krylon spray paint. I could see through the blanks before I even drilled them.
I may still remove the clip and finial and make a matching acrylic finial insert. Have to see if I have any scraps to make it first. I used every bit of that blank and still barley had enough.
Anyway, here it is. Hope you like it.
Comments and critiques welcome.

200842661934_White%20acrylic%20closed%203%20post.jpg

200842662118_White%20acrylic%20closed%201%20post.jpg

200842662034_White%20acrylic%20closed%202%20post.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

You all are too kind, Thank You.
And now that you mention it, it would make a great wedding pen.
The holder came from my wifes dressing table. It's her ring caddy.
I tried shooting the pen on a white background and it just washed out so bad it almost disappeared. Normally I shoot pretty simple backgrounds, try to accentuate the pen. Thats why you see the clouds in the background.
Thanks again.

Top Bottom