Azurite Sierra (and box)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mb007

mb007

This is the third of five pens I made for an auction to benefit my church's food pantry. It's a standard Sierra dressed in Azurite/Malachite Tru-Stone. The box was also made by me from spalted maple and what I think is teak.

Attachments

• Blue Sierra 1.jpg
    Blue Sierra 1.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Blue Sierra 2.jpg
    Blue Sierra 2.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Blue Sierra 4.jpg
    Blue Sierra 4.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Blue Sierra 3.jpg
    Blue Sierra 3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JCochrun

Very nice on the pen and box. If you don't mind me asking, how did you cut the inside of the box top and bottom? Looks great. I might have to give it a try sometime.

Jim

mb007

Very nice on the pen and box. If you don't mind me asking, how did you cut the inside of the box top and bottom? Looks great. I might have to give it a try sometime.

Jim

All I had in my cheapo box of router bits that was close was a 1/2" core box bit. I used that bit on my router table for all of the inside cuts. Where I needed a cutout larger than 1/2" - I'd make a pass, move the fence slightly, and repeat. Ideally, I'd like to have had a 5/8" bit for the bottom channel, and a combo of that bit and a 1/2" straight bit to cut out the top.

JCochrun

Jim

All I had in my cheapo box of router bits that was close was a 1/2" core box bit. I used that bit on my router table for all of the inside cuts. Where I needed a cutout larger than 1/2" - I'd make a pass, move the fence slightly, and repeat. Ideally, I'd like to have had a 5/8" bit for the bottom channel, and a combo of that bit and a 1/2" straight bit to cut out the top.

Cool. I'll have to give it a shot. I will be sure to give you the credit if mine turn out good. If they turn out bad, well, let's just say that nobody will ever know if they turn out bad. Thanks.

Jim

Top Bottom