Axminster w/ Custom Twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

KDM

Really enjoying these Axminster kits. Here's a custom mica swirl my wife requested.

I cut the blank such that I had a pattern matched piece to make a new transmission knob with.

Closeup shows the flaw. I cut far too close to the diameter of the tube, right at the part where the blank is most translucent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

One small step on the pen, makes a whole new outlook to mankind. Nice job !! Next time paint the inside of the cap or tube. Jim S

SDB777

Can't you just remove the cap thingy and give it a 'touch up'? (Not having made one of these kits, I just don't know if that's possible....figured I'd ask)

Scott (nice coloring) B

KDM

Can't you just remove the cap thingy and give it a 'touch up'? (Not having made one of these kits, I just don't know if that's possible....figured I'd ask)

No, it's a valid enough point... if I'd just turned the knob up and drilled a hole in it! I thought I'd be clever, though and I glued an 8mm tube into the twister (as you would a 2-piece pen) so it could be excahnged with the original without modification of the pen.

So no way of touching up the tube. Let's face facts: I cut the wall of the twister too thin!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom