Axis Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Lou was kind enough to give me this piece of antler and drill it for me. I apparently possess 10 thumbs when it comes to drilling antler. I used a platinum kit, a CA finish and finished with TSW. This one will stay home with me, as it is a bit of a talisman for reasons way to long for this post.

Comments welcome.

512353548_Axis%20Deer%20Antler%20Platinum%20Sierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

I like it. I also like the way your pictures look with the background. I may need to find and try some antler.

its_virgil

It is straight, or at least straighter than other species. It has a small vein of marrow which gets drilled out and leaving only solid bone/enamel which is mostly white to grayish. Even larger pieces have the small marrow vein, unlike white tail and mule deer and elk.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Nice looking pen, but I'm curious, what's so special about axis deer antler?

rtjw

Looking good. I got antler, I got antler, Na na na na boo boo! Geuss I may have to post some since so many asked when the next batch was gonna be here.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Lou was kind enough to give me this piece of antler and drill it for me. I apparently possess 10 thumbs when it comes to drilling antler.

Comments welcome.

I have it on good authority that Lou possesses exactly 1 thumb less than you when it comes to the Sierra. [}:)] [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom