Awesome new color cactus pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is a new "Original Cactus Pen"™ that I just finished. This is a new color I came up with that I call Magma Red and is on a Jr. Statesman that has been modified to make the main body 1/4" longer than normal. The stock length is just too short and uncomfortable to me. The finish is CA and the inside of the blank has been colored black. Thanks for looking!

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Nope, it is all one pour! There are variations in the color for sure but the resin was all mixed complete and poured in one pour! I have a technique that I use to get this effect!

jyreene

I'm starting to like the Jr. Statesmen more and more seeing such great looking pens as this. Magma Red is a perfect name for it. It really brings to mind lava as it is cooling down. Any plans to offer this new style up on your site?

Skye

See, just when I say "That's my favorite so far", you come along and make me eat my words. I'm now declaring this my favorite cactus combo.

If you just had a half inch more cactus up near that finial...

M

Mudder

Nope, it is all one pour! There are variations in the color for sure but the resin was all mixed complete and poured in one pour! I have a technique that I use to get this effect!

Who are you trying to kid?

Your "technique" is called OOPS!

thewishman

My wife ooohs and aaahhhs (like at the fireworks) each time I show her your cactus pens. Her first words, what was it 2 1/2 years ago when you first showed them, were, "That looks like lightning!" She's a great fan of your work.

Top Bottom