Awesome gift inlace acrylester blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wyone

wyone

I received these blanks from Chris99210 as a gift. I cannot thank him enough. It was my first time turning inlace acrylester and I had success, mostly because of his suggestions. I also used a SHARP SHARP skew and sharpened it often during the turning. It was different to turn, but also easy to tell when I needed to sharpen. When the skew was sharp, it left almost a polished surface, but as soon as it dulled, the surface became cloudy. So LOTS of sharpening and I had success!

The pictures do not do the pen justice. It has such deep colors in it they have to be in just the right light to show off. But I gave it as a birthday gift and he LOVED it.

I look forward to turning the rest of the blanks he sent as a gift. They finish so nicely!

Thank you again SOOOOOO MUCH!!

Attachments

• Gary Bday.jpg
    Gary Bday.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 260
  • Gary Bday 2.jpg
    Gary Bday 2.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
You really cannot beat a sharp skew. I know a lot of turners use the insert turning tools and I also have one of those. I just like to use the skew! I find exactly the same thing on woods as you found on the acrylic. If the skew is really sharp I could get away with no sanding most of the time. Great job on this one.. Keep up the great work with your skew.

wyone

Well I am sure I sharpen my skew way more than an experienced turner, but since I have a grinder literally within 12 inches of the lathe, why not touch up the edge when it seems like it is not cutting as well. :) :)

Top Bottom