Autumn Leaves eyedropper with ink window

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from propencity

propencity

Testing out the pen I just finished as an eyedropper and practicing using this cursive italic nib.

Added pics of the feeds for Jowo cursive italic 1.5 and medium Jowo and writing sample using a converter to compare with eyedropper application.

Attachments

• DSC_0441.jpg
    DSC_0441.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC_0434.jpg
    DSC_0434.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC_0437.jpg
    DSC_0437.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Jowo Cursive Italic 1.jpg
    Jowo Cursive Italic 1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_0443.jpg
    DSC_0443.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Nice Pen, and Writing, Mark.
Striking Blank,
Excellent Proportions and Profile, Like the Visible Ink Window.
Great Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

propencity

Thank you all. I'm definitely just a starter when it comes to calligraphy, but I'm very interested in learning.

Mike, good question on the feed. The nib/feed unit I used for the writing sample is a Jowo cursive italic 1.5 nib. The other pictures show the pen with a medium Jowo nib. The same threading is used on the housing for both nibs. But comparing and getting a closer look at the feeds between the 2, it looks like the feeds are different. I'll try to attach the closeup pic of the underside of both nib/feed. The cursive italic appears to have wider grooves/slits, which would I would have expected since it lays down more ink. I'm soaking the nibs in water so I can take it apart. The cursive italic nib unit is being stubbornly difficult to pull off the housing. I'm also curious to see the degree of change in writing if I switch the feeds. I also tried the cursive italic nib using a converter (I'll see about attaching a pic) to see what the writing looks like. Forced drops out of the nib to soak the feed. I did notice a little bit of skipping, so maybe using the pen as an eyedropper may be better suited for the cursive italic nib vs converter. But I don't expect to see same issue using the converter on the lesser wet nib print (M,F,XF).

I bought both nibs from Brian over at Meisternibs and/or Edison Pens. He may be able to give a more definite answer.

Attachments

• DSC_0443.jpg
    DSC_0443.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Jowo Cursive Italic 1.jpg
    Jowo Cursive Italic 1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Top Bottom