Autosol Finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Whaler

Whaler

A chrome Vertex wrapped in Red Mallee Burl from Iaaac Rapelje. Sanded to 600, 6 coats of BLO/CA and finished with Autosol. This is the first time I have used it and WOW I like it. I don't think much of the kit though.

Attachments

• Mallee.jpg
    Mallee.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A chrome Vertex wrapped in Red Mallee Burl from Iaaac Rapelje. Sanded to 600, 6 coats of BLO/CA and finished with Autosol. This is the first time I have used it and WOW I like it. I don't think much of the kit though.
Hi Dick; There is a similar paste in a tube called FLITZ. I have used both. I'm somewhat partial to FLITZ but they probably come from the same production line. Justthought you might like to know!:biggrin:Nice work by the way.

azamiryou

There is a similar paste in a tube called FLITZ. I have used both. I'm somewhat partial to FLITZ but they probably come from the same production line. Justthought you might like to know!:biggrin:Nice work by the way.

Dang it! I was at the hardware store today looking for Autosol, and all they had was FLITZ. I looked at the tube, scratched my head, thought it was probably similar, but I wasn't sure and I didn't want to spend $9 on something I couldn't use, so I finally decided to pass on it.:frown::frown::frown:

Looks like a nice finish, Whaler! I'll have to try some (or maybe some FLITZ)!:good:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Autosol, what is that???
Hi John; It's an auto polish that works great on PR. In a tube it's in paste form. Many hardware or car repair stores stock it. It seems to me to be very similar to liquid BRASSO or SILVO.

Last edited:

PenPal

Autosol, is also unbelievable when its used to restore the cast iron surface on a table saw or large bandsaw. Accidentally found U Beaut triple E even better. OOps just by the way.

Have success I like the pen because you bothered , persevered and finished it well.

Kind regards Peter.

Autosol, what is that???
Hi John; It's an auto polish that works great on PR. In a tube it's in paste form. Many hardware or car repair stores stock it. It seems to me to be very similar to liquid BRASSO or SILVO.

I am betting Mothers or similar polish would work... I have a bunch from working on my Harley, will have to try a few out.

Anyone ever try toothpaste? Its a mild abrasive/polish.

Top Bottom