Australian Soapwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stilgar

Status
Not open for further replies.

stilgar

This is the first of my pens from the group of Australian pen blanks that I purchased.

tn_SoapwoodSlimline.jpg

Sorry about the image, I am having some trouble with my camera and software. Otherwise, comments encouraged.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Brian,
From what I can see that is some beautiful wood with a great grain pattern. Any chance of another picture?

Skye

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Brian,

The pen looks good. I agree with Ron that a better photo is needed. BTW, do NOT ask me for photo advice!!!! [:D]

Look into making a lighting booth if you plan on taking a lot of pics. Just need some PVC pipe and elbows, a lamp or two and a white sheet. Also, if you're using a digital camera, use the Macro setting. It looks like a tulip. Use that on a stand if possible because it blurs easier.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Brian,

On second thought, maybe I will try to give a little advice. Do an Ebay search for photo cube. I got one that folds flat for around $20, including shipping.

Also, a tripod might work better than a stand. If your camera has a time delay function, use that to take your photos as that eliminates the shaking/blurring problem completely.

FWIW,

stilgar

Actually, I did use the flower setting on a tripod. I think that something got into the lens because the pictures I did just before this one worked great. I am taking it into a local photo shop to have them examine the lens and see if there is some scratches on it. It was a target special a couple of years ago, so maybe that is the problem.

The pen looks a lot better then the picture shows.

stilgar

Here is a new picture of the pen from my album.

I used a light cube (if I call it a light box here in Australia, they are confused) that I made from suggestions on this site.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200631234426_Soapwood.jpg
<br />

I think this looks a lot better

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by stilgar
<br />Here is a new picture of the pen from my album.

I used a light cube (if I call it a light box here in Australia, they are confused) that I made from suggestions on this site.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200631234426_Soapwood.jpg
<br />

I think this looks a lot better

I agree!! Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom