Australian Flame Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Crickett

Crickett

This wood came from Australia. Robuticion (George) was kind enough to include it in an order. Unfortunately my photography skills cannot do it justice, the colors really are amazing!!

Thank-you for looking, any comments and criticism is appreciated ... isn't that how we all become better turners? :wink:

Marla :)

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• PB170012-800.jpg
    PB170012-800.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 453
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Crickett,

So that is the pen you have mention, you done not long ago...???:eek:

I can see the colours coming through, as I know how amazing some of the Flame wood blanks can be!

I reckon the art of photography and the equipment necessary to produce front page Macro shots, puts any investment in wood turning/pen turning, right in the far corner...! Is difficult without the right gear to get those good clear close-up pics that we all like to see, but only a very few have master!

In any case, another well executed pen from you!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

dustmaker

I like it. Photography is tough and I think you are doing well. Perhaps more light would bring out the color more.

Crickett

Very nice Marla. What kit is that?

It's a gold El Grande rollerball, I'm not sure if the kit name is the same in the US, but in Canada I purchased it from William Wood Write. It's an understated Cambridge or Canadiana. Very easy to produce, a great size, the cap can be posted.

Thanks George!!! Hope it's up to your standards .... Pete is better at the pictures than I am, I prefer to make the pens. :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments!!

Marla

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Anybody that can put a pen like that on display had better be signed up in the pen swap, Marla!

Larry's in, Chief Hill is in, Whaler (Dick) is in, Wooden Ink (Amos) is in, I'm in. You can do it. Who knows you could become my swap buddy!

This is a great chance to put Paradise on the map. Excuses won't cut it. I'm counting on you!

Crickett

Anybody that can put a pen like that on display had better be signed up in the pen swap, Marla!

Larry's in, Chief Hill is in, Whaler (Dick) is in, Wooden Ink (Amos) is in, I'm in. You can do it. Who knows you could become my swap buddy!

This is a great chance to put Paradise on the map. Excuses won't cut it. I'm counting on you!

Hi Mack, I would love to join in, Larry told me about it so I read the rules and it says you have to be an IAP Member, I'm not a member yet, only on the forum. I PMed Hunter- still waiting to hear back ... hopefully before the deadline. I was thinking we should do a swap on Paradise and I vote for you to organize it ... unless Lillian will. It could be arranged so the pens are mailed in January to cheer us up half way through the winter!!

Marla

Crickett

The pen looks wonderful.:):):)

By flamewood do you mean Flame Sheoak????

Thank-you for the compliment. I'm not sure, we'll have to ask George (Robutacion), I'm quite sure he told me flamewood ... but??? You guys would know best, I'm only a pen turner. :wink:

Marla

johnnycnc

Nice work, Marla!
I think you certainly are a member if you are here and have an active account,
in reference to your post about that. I don't believe there is any other requirement.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Mack, I would love to join in, Larry told me about it so I read the rules and it says you have to be an IAP Member, I'm not a member yet, only on the forum. I PMed Hunter- still waiting to hear back ... hopefully before the deadline. I was thinking we should do a swap on Paradise and I vote for you to organize it ... unless Lillian will. It could be arranged so the pens are mailed in January to cheer us up half way through the winter!!

Marla
Hi Marla; Quit trying to change the subject. Click on the "Member's List" and scroll to Crickett. What do you see? Page 15 of 17 "Crickett".

I also see Coysquibbly (Kevin) is a member as well. Get on his a$$, Marla. Make him join up!

Top Bottom