Australian Corkscrew Willow Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

Here is an order I just finished. Classic Statesman with Corkscrew Willow Root Burl I got from George - really nice wood! C&C Welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1968.jpg
    IMG_1968.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Keith; Those are realy nice pens !!! I have 4-5 of these trees growing along the creek on my property. My wife uses the twisted branches for her floral designs. I never thought about looking at the twisted branches or roots for super grain wood, but I will in spring. Thanks for the info. Jim S

keithbyrd

Thanks for the comments - I got these blanks from George in Australia - didn't know they had that tree here - some was from a root burl - the really dark heavy figured ones. The other has a lot of figure and patterns too. I think the customer will be pleased! Shipping them out after I get them back from the engraver.

plantman

Keith; Cork Screw Willow. Salix matsudana "Tortuosa " Also known as Pekin Willow, Hankow Willow, Curly Willow, Twisted-Twig Willow. It is not native to North America, but can be found in all states except maybe Florida. Small to medium tree growing to 30' tall and 15' wide. Main feature is it's contorted and twisted branches. Winter branch pattern probaly accounts for the popularty of the tree. Will grow any place there is fresh water, and is a rapid grower. Jim S

SDB777

Always love the grain structure of a rootball, but I sure hate loosing blades cutting them up(I always find a rock). But I think I would have to attempt cutting something like these treasures!!!!

All very nicely finished and the fit is 'spot-on'!!!!!

Scott (maybe I need to talk to George now) B

Top Bottom