Australian Bottlebrush Tree

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TAFFJ

TAFFJ

Slimline made from branch wood from Australian Bottlebrush Tree in garden. Drilled & turned wet. Tubes inserted turned to slightly above required size left to dry 24hours.

Attachments

• Australian Bottlebrush Tree (1).JPG
    Australian Bottlebrush Tree (1).JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 389
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Not too shabby. That's a dangerous game you're playing turning it wet. Even if it doesn't crack, you're still going to throw off the diameter so now you're nib, centerband and finial are all going to fit differently when dry.

Darley

Interesting first time see a Callistemon so white I know isa light colored wood but not like this ,

les-smith we do have Holly to here but not as white as in the States, our is more greyish

Fred

If interested in preventing cracking, etc. of green blanks, check out the Boiling Wood instruction/tutorial from Steven Russell's site.

I use the method with my propane fired fryer and have yet to have a major problem with my 'Green" bowl blanks. Pen blanks are a cinch to do and one could boil several hundred in these cooker pots.

Here is the URL to Steven's article/ Note the other interesting articles on the left side bar ...
http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/boiling-green-wood.html

If you follow his instructions you will be very, very pleased with the results. :biggrin:

Top Bottom