Australian Bottle Brush European Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jwoodwright

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoodwright

Serge sent me some Beautiful Australian Wood. :)

Didn't realize Mr. Murphy had come for a visit... My first clue was when the end Chipped off and went down the hose, then a reair with Yellowheart, then the bushings got switched... [:0]

Well friction polish and TSW...

This pen should be called Perseverance... [:I]

22362_Australian%20Bottle%20Brush%20European%20003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jwoodwright

Than you all... [:I]

Mike, it's a European Kit from Berea...

The wood was special and I wanted it to still look good. [:)]

My Wife saw it and claimed it. I told Her I had repaired it, due to a big chipout and she asked, Where? [:)]

woodscavenger

Repeat after me...."Honey I made you a CUSTOM pen. It was really hard to put two diffent woods in the same pen! I hope you like it."
My wife would be the same way. Good job. I have a curly Koa blank with a similary story waiting for some inspiration on how to finish it.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
When I know I'm going after a blank that I REALLY don't want to mess up, I turn it after I've turned a couple of simple, straight-forward blanks. By that time I'm in a rhythm and the blanks almost turn themselves.

Gary

That's a good suggestion, Lou. Something else I do is to just stop what I've been doing....sit down and think about the blank I'm about to turn. What is it I want to do and what do I need to focus on. Just slowing down and spending a few minutes in thought often helps.

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />When I know I'm going after a blank that I REALLY don't want to mess up, I turn it after I've turned a couple of simple, straight-forward blanks. By that time I'm in a rhythm and the blanks almost turn themselves.

Darley

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />Thank you... [:)]

Why do I have such problems with the valuable blanks [?]

John sorry by your misandventure but you done well to save the pen, this is a find looking pen now you have to turn another one for yourself as you lost the first one [:D]

Our Bottlebrush is HARD wood so go easy when you turn it especially toward the bushers, like Australian burl it will shatter when you're ready on your last cut before sanding [:0][xx(]. Secret sharp tools , sharp tools, sharp tools, like most of pen turner I don't have a jig to sharp my skews and I don't use the grinder, I use oil stone, take time but I can shave my harm when done .

Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom