Australia Pen Swap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike8850

Mike8850

Here's the pen I received from my Australian pen swap partner.
It's Coolibah burl on a Baron kit.
My Australian partner bench1holio did a great job.
If you get a chance next year I would really recomend you get into the swap.
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_4886.jpg
    IMG_4886.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 276

PenPal

Mike,
Your pen swapper Ben lives 5 mins from me is a mate of mine, everything he collects in timber is enriched by him, an all round great guy with his supportive wife.

In Real Estate Location, Location, Location, With Pens The Maker The Maker The Maker when he collects the timbers, then selects again, makes and displays. Well Ben has a huge love of All timbers with an emphasis on Australian Timbers.

Coolibah Burl is immortalised in Australia by the Song about a Swagman (itinerant traveller in search of work created by depression times his swag is the blanket roll and Billy to boil water for a cuppa) who camped by a Billabong (body of water) under the shade of a Coolibah tree, and he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled you come a Waltzing Matilda (Billy)
with me. This song Waltzing Matilda typifies the Australian character of dont sit around and hold your head in your hands when times are tough get out and do something about it.

My dad was born and raised in depression times in 1906, same way I was born in the early
30,s through dreadful years of depression. Why I mention this is Ben typifies the Aussie battler characteristic in speech ,demeanor, mateship things we cherish.

Enjoy your pen (beautiful) and timbers and I agree swap when you can with guys like Ben you will never be dissapointed.

Kind regards Mike,Ben

Peter.

Top Bottom