Australia Day pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I received my package from Amos (wooden ink) here's what was inside . A beautiful case engraved with my name and , gold inlay . Inside were these two pens . A closed end fountain and a rollerball , both engraved with my name . The pens are made from Mallee Burl and , finished with Amos' favorite stuff called WOP . My photos fail to show the quality of Amos' work . Thank you Amos ! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbostian

Wow that is a beautiful set of pens! Amos does some great work. The WOP finish looks great. That is the second pen I have seen in the past week with a great
WOP finish. I may just have to give it a try.

Jamie

TurnaPen

Sorry Charles--I led you up the garden path- the finish is CA, it is Sam that does the most wonderful finishes with WOP----which is next on the list to learn-- so-- if I botch the pen with WOP - I will have to send it to you to fix!!!!!! Amos

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry Charles--I led you up the garden path- the finish is CA, it is Sam that does the most wonderful finishes with WOP----which is next on the list to learn-- so-- if I botch the pen with WOP - I will have to send it to you to fix!!!!!! Amos
My apoligies Amos !:redface: Trying to rely on memory again . I should have known better . :rolleyes:

cozee

Amos does some great work. I got to meet him Saturday at the MPG. Well, meet him via Skype and greatly enjoyed the conversation. Good on ya Amos!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Glad you all like my gift ! But , I came out of this swap with more than the box and pens . There's been yet another friendship established . Thanks Amos !

simomatra

Excellent work Amos, don't worry your CA finish is way up there mate, well done.

Good to see you received a nice set Chuck, they are beautiful straight from a master.

Friend like Amos a very rare to find I am lucky to have him as my best friend and yes we only met through pen forums.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Charles, you hit the nail on the head, friendship is No.1 and all that really matters--so next time you get all my broken Slimlines!!!!! Amos
That sounds great ! Go ahead and send them my way . :biggrin:
I look forward to more swaps in the future .
Excellent work Amos, don't worry your CA finish is way up there mate, well done.

Good to see you received a nice set Chuck, they are beautiful straight from a master.

Friend like Amos a very rare to find I am lucky to have him as my best friend and yes we only met through pen forums.
Thank you Sam . I can see why you and Amos are friends . A nice pair . :good:

bitshird

Chuck those are some beauties, I've been spending a little time on the Australian Woodworking forum and have seen some beautiful work there, but these are absolutely fantastic, I just found out my exchange is on it's way to me. These Australian fellows don't mess around, they have some very talented turners and Amos is certainly one of them. Congratulations on owning such a beautiful set of Fine Writing Instruments.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck those are some beauties, I've been spending a little time on the Australian Woodworking forum and have seen some beautiful work there, but these are absolutely fantastic, I just found out my exchange is on it's way to me. These Australian fellows don't mess around, they have some very talented turners and Amos is certainly one of them. Congratulations on owning such a beautiful set of Fine Writing Instruments.
Thank you Ken . And I must agree , these guys DO NOT mess around . It is always an honor to receive works of art from our Australian friends . And , can only hope for more swaps in the future . I'm not only proud to own pens from Fred , and now Amos but , am extremely proud to call them friends and , know that if I needed anything , I can count on them for their help (and vise versa) . THAT , is invaluable to me .

Top Bottom