Audubon bird cigar pern

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

I finished up this cigar pen,using Audubon bird stamps from Tuvalu.I did this one decoupage-style,( around 50 coats of ca) on already-turned barrels so the borders don't fit up as nice as on tubes,but I still like how it turned out.

I just love these stamps,I've got a real collection started.

Cigar pens have always been a challenge for me it seems,but this one I had no problems with.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_4816.JPG
    IMG_4816.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_4818.JPG
    IMG_4818.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_4821.JPG
    IMG_4821.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4828.JPG
    IMG_4828.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

Nice work there my friend. Tired of "siffin'" glue yet! 50 coats? I thought you were having them cast? None the less, it looks great! Be well..............Jan

ossaguy

Nice work there my friend. Tired of "siffin'" glue yet! 50 coats? I thought you were having them cast? None the less, it looks great! Be well..............Jan

Hi Jan,

I do it outside with the wind on my back,and the vac pulling the fumes thru the collector so I never get a wiff.Otherwise ,I couldn't do it as the ca fumes sting my eyes.

I'm still getting them cast,but this was done using up a cast one that I goofed up on,so that's why it's a decoupage-type.

I like that about these stamp pens.......if I goof it up I can always redo it with new stamps,ca & time.

Thanks,
Steve

SDB777

You have re-defined the meaning of the word patience.....50 coats!

Nice fix, and great job on the turning!!!

Scott (50 coats of gray.....get it? the book) B

ossaguy

You have re-defined the meaning of the word patience.....50 coats!

Nice fix, and great job on the turning!!!

Scott (50 coats of gray.....get it? the book) B

Thanks!

Yes,it sure is a good way to practice your CA technique! The ones I have done that you build up right off of the tube so it's all-CA, really try my patience...those take like upwards of 100 I'm guessing.Building up the ends are the hardest part.

That's why I like sending them out Don for casting when I can.It's more fun turning one down,than building one up.

So now when I do a regular ol' wood pen that takes like 10 coats,it's like nothing.

Steve

Last edited:
Top Bottom