Auction Pen Video

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sandsini

Sandsini

I decided to donate a pen to a local university fund raiser and was asked by the director of philanthropy to send them a video that could be played on their projector during the auction to show off what I do. Since I am moving this week so I didn't have a lot of time to work on it, but its amazing the kind of results you can get with a simple video editor and some photos. I need to go back in and re-do the ending because it ends very abruptly, but I thought I would share. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrlv_TRzyaY

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Eric... That was way cool!!!

As I watched the video, what came to mind was - On the IAP forum we freely look at, scrutinize, critique, and micro-analyze photographs... and I DO THIS ALSO!!!

BUT... beyond the zoomed-in shots that we analyze... The basic product: PENS, are of high quality and stand up to the examination from "the eyeball."

I could (barely) discern minor flaws here and there (while under a zoom). What would be seen by a casual observer, or customer... would be ... perfection!

In the IAP forum we critique (sometimes nicely, sometimes...not so nicely); but we forget, our end product is still typically of high quality, and we (YOU) should be proud of what we do!!!

NICE JOB with the pens as well as the video!

Mark (I screwed up my bushings tonight and have 3/4 of my fittings nice...)

robutacion

Great craftsmanship on those pens, you do amazing work, congrats...!

Yes, you are correct, the ending was a bit too abrupt and I believe a very efficient way to promote your work in the situation that you found yourself in, I don't think that, putting images or video of you behind the lathe, would be as effective as an presentation like this, different if you were in a demonstration situation...!

That's my opinion, obviously...!

Change the ending and you will be just fine...!:wink:

Cheers

George

Sandsini

Nice video. I was not crazy about the music but your pens are beautiful.

Mike, Thanks for the constructive criticism. I chose the music because of the exotic tie in to Sutra and because I have received positive feedback on it with another video I put together. I have to remember that music produces very fundamental emotions for many people (me especially) and that it's difficult to find something that produces positive reactions for everyone.

I like the music because it conveys an exotic eastern vibe without being overly structured. I wanted it to be a like a texture in the background...

And... thank you again for the nice comment about my pens, as a relative noob I truly appreciate it, especially since I enjoy your work so much.

Sandsini

Great craftsmanship on those pens, you do amazing work, congrats...!

Yes, you are correct, the ending was a bit too abrupt and I believe a very efficient way to promote your work in the situation that you found yourself in, I don't think that, putting images or video of you behind the lathe, would be as effective as an presentation like this, different if you were in a demonstration situation...!

That's my opinion, obviously...!

Change the ending and you will be just fine...!:wink:

Cheers

George

Thanks George!

Top Bottom