Auburn Orange - Not My Color!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skywizzard

skywizzard

Auburn is not my team, my blood bleeds Georgia red and black. But this afternoon my son who is Field Director with the Boy Scouts in West Tennessee asked if I could make a pen in Auburn colors as a gift for one of his volunteers. After poking around in the shop, I came up with this. The hardware is a Jr. Gent I from Smitty, the blue top was a freebie from Exotic Blanks, the orange was from AS and the orange-white lamination was purchased I believe from Hans (hewunch). Personally, I think it is an ugly pen, but my son thought the recipient would be thrilled....but then he is from Auburn :biggrin: Comments welcome.

Attachments

• 20101204Auburn Pen004.jpg
    20101204Auburn Pen004.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 20101204Auburn Pen003.jpg
    20101204Auburn Pen003.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

In spite of your qualms with the color scheme, that's really sweet. As I have no real taste for sports in any way, I just like the colors when put in the same place. Good choice on the materials.

Rmartin

My blood also bleeds Georgia red and black, and I'm looking for some orange for a Florida pen someone asked me to make this past week. If only they had said something back during Holloween when orange plastic was everywhere.

Grizz

Banned
That's not bad for working the colors. My youngest son asked me about doing a pen in orange and blue. (His HS team colors). I might have to adopt your idea.

As for Georgia... here's one I did for a friend:

Attachments

• Georgia Bulldogs 2.jpg
    Georgia Bulldogs 2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Georgia Bulldogs 1.jpg
    Georgia Bulldogs 1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 143
Top Bottom