Atrax--Midnight Flames

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, I've turned a couple pens again, with my new vision!!

This one is a newly available component set and some material I happened to have in the basement:biggrin::biggrin:

Hope you like---I do.

Comments and critiques welcome:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attachments

• Atrax--Midnightflames2.jpg
    Atrax--Midnightflames2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Atrax--midnightflamescapped.jpg
    Atrax--midnightflamescapped.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tim,

Uses the same size bushings as the Jr. Gent series---but it is a "stripped down" version. Very simple and affordable!!

SDB777

Just took a look at 'em....admittedly for the first time. And I like the pricing you have assigned them.

Question: Is the clip as heavy duty as it looks in all the photo's I've looked at? And what are the tube sizes(seeing if I can use these pieces to turn closed-end, and save some cha-ching)?

Great looking turned pen!

Scott (less expensive = big bonus) B

alphageek

Former Moderator
Just took a look at 'em....admittedly for the first time. And I like the pricing you have assigned them.

Question: Is the clip as heavy duty as it looks in all the photo's I've looked at? And what are the tube sizes(seeing if I can use these pieces to turn closed-end, and save some cha-ching)?

Scott - I've not checked the lengths - but the tubes are the same diameter as a Jr Gent. If you go look for my SOYP, I made 2 closed end pens (1JR, 1 Atrax) last weekend using the same mandrel. I havn't done cap closed yet, but you should be good there too.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Looks like you have been busy, Gerhard!!!

Your collection of Atrax demonstrates another thing I like about the "family"---the clip ends look extremely similar, so if you have a ballpoint and RB/FTN in your pocket, they match!!!

This is not true of many "families" of pen.

Nicely done sets!! Thanks for showing!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
looking good Ed!

Did you reverse paint?

Phil

No, I rarely paint Phil!!

If SOMEONE is going to screw them up, I HOPE it will be me, so I TRY most of my materials without paint.

This one turned out really well, but the amount that remains on the pen is fairly thick.

Hope this helps others!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom