Atrax - Fountain - Vintage Emerald

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RSidetrack

RSidetrack

Unlike my last attempted Brook's Blank - this pen did not give me any issues. It came out AMAZING. This is using Brook's Blank - Vintage Emerald, reverse painted black. The Atrax fountain kit. I love it, and this is the first fountain I have ever made. Still debating on replacing the nib with the upgraded nibs that I got from Exotic. Anyway, here goes!

p.s. Jonathan, I love this blank!

Atrax-1.jpg

Atrax-2.jpg

Atrax-3.jpg

Atrax-4.jpg

Atrax-5.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

drgoretex

Very nice pen. The resin is spectacular - is that a polyresin?

Ken

PS - do the nib upgrade! A pen that beautiful deserves a nib that is worthy of it. I am not a big fan of kit nibs.

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

I agree on all counts and also in picture #2 you have the nib holding the pen , in that display always have the nib on the top.

Ken

PS - do the nib upgrade! A pen that beautiful deserves a nib that is worthy of it. I am not a big fan of kit nibs.

RSidetrack

I'm intrigued by that stand as well. The description says the stand holds the cap vertically, but it appears to be slanted backwards somewhat!?

It is slightly slanted, not straight up and down.

Ken

I haven't turned enough types of acrylics to really know the difference - but it is a Brook's Blank, so you can ask Jonathan what it is :)

I will do the Nib upgrade. I wasn't sure the quality of the nibs with these kits. I know the ones that come with vertex pens are... well, sub par to say the least :rolleyes:

I agree on all counts and also in picture #2 you have the nib holding the pen , in that display always have the nib on the top.

Good to know! As I said this is my first fountain pen, I have a lot to learn about fountain pens and will be visiting that section of the forum quite a bit in the next coming days. I have 4 more of these fountain kits and plan on getting more. I love the Atrax! Also - I just watched the video in your signature - VERY HELPFUL, THANKS!

Last edited:

brownsfn2

Wow! Really nice. I had a vintage emerald in my cart and the chose the vintage black instead. Wish I woudl have kept both. :) Looks really good!

Brooks803

Another beauty Rick! I'm glad you're liking the blanks! The black is really working on this one too. Makes me wonder what other colors might look good...hmmm....

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Is there a specific reason for that, or is it just a matter of your personal preference?:)

Just looking for new poses of pics for pens. Never thought of that one!

Last edited:

RSidetrack

Is there a specific reason for that, or is it just a matter of your personal preference?:)

Just looking for new poses of pics for pens. Never thought of that one!
I am not sure if it would do any damage to the nib, I did gently set it in the display - and it wasn't an upgraded nib so not a huge deal. However, my guess is that way you can really display the nib in the picture. I could be wrong it could have been damage to the nib :rolleyes: Since I did take the picture of the pen in the other stand I got a nice one of the nib, however two nice shots with the nib are better than one.

Top Bottom