ATRAX FOUNTAIN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Bought from Berea. Chrome Atrax Fountain Pen Components. Talked to JohnnyCNC about this one too and he advised me it took the Jr. Gent II center to center bushings, which I already had. Saved me buying two sets of bushings on this one phone call. Cheers from a happy customer! Easy kit to build and I think it looks great with the Black Olive blank. Let me know what you think. As always, comments, suggestions and constructive evaluation appreciated but not paid for!:wink:

Attachments

• _DSC7899 copy.jpg
    _DSC7899 copy.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 220
  • _DSC7901 copy.jpg
    _DSC7901 copy.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

The kit itself, I'm not a fan of, just too "plain" for me.

And see i think it leaves the pen maker tons of options like open areas for engraving to be done with either the artists name or a business logo, etc. While i have not made one myself, I love the "blank canvas" that they provide. Not trying to sandbag on ya Glycerine, I do see your point though.:biggrin:

ghostrider

The kit itself, I'm not a fan of, just too "plain" for me.

And see i think it leaves the pen maker tons of options like open areas for engraving to be done with either the artists name or a business logo, etc. While i have not made one myself, I love the "blank canvas" that they provide. Not trying to sandbag on ya Glycerine, I do see your point though.:biggrin:
I see the "plainness", but I think that this pen proves that it can look good when done with a good blank choice and finishing. I've been looking at the Atrax kits, and when I looked at this one, my thought was, "That this is one of the nicer jobs with this kit." I think the artist put the whole package together in a aesthetically pleasing.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That is one beautiful piece of lumber. The pen is a beauty as well. Good going Joe! BTW.....what is this bushing you speak of? It sounds, so familiar :biggrin::tongue:

Love your pens Joe!:wink:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I buy my bushings from JohnnyCNC. The ones for this pen are the ones used on Jr. II series pens. Gent, Retro, and Statesman. Then for the Atrax Ballpoint, ("Coat of Many Colors" is the one I posted this evening) you can use three of the four above, but you need to replace the larger barrel bushing with the same size as for the tip. Doing it this way on the ballpoint, is not an exact match as there is about .002" difference. That's o.k. by me as I measure and set up with calipers. They at least help me get close.

Top Bottom