Atrax: Elk Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pitoon

Pitoon

Here's one i just finished up today. Came out pretty good.

As always C&C is welcomed!

.....and thanks for looking!

Pitoon

Attachments

• DSC02411.JPG
    DSC02411.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC02415.JPG
    DSC02415.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC02414.JPG
    DSC02414.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 237
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pitoon

Looks good. Is that Italian elk? I wonder if Italian antler would carry the same upscale perception as Italian resins?

Ed

No, it's not Italian antler. I bought these pieces from the US about 12 years ago. However i have heard that the German's have one breed of deer that is huge! I wouldn't mind trying to get a piece of German antler. Maybe on my next trip up to Germany?

Pitoon

Marko50

Elk Antlers laying on the ground

Cool. I need to get some elk antler.

I often run across sheds of elk and mule deer when I'm out and about in the mountains. Last spring, I came across a huge elk that met his doom by getting his head stuck in the crotch of a large cottonwood tree. He was nothing but skeleton, but his head was still stuck in the tree along with the antlers, his front feet off the ground and his hind legs stuck in a barbwire fence. Must have been painful. Guess who has the antlers in his shop?:bananen_smilies051:

Pitoon

Cool. I need to get some elk antler.

I often run across sheds of elk and mule deer when I'm out and about in the mountains. Last spring, I came across a huge elk that met his doom by getting his head stuck in the crotch of a large cottonwood tree. He was nothing but skeleton, but his head was still stuck in the tree along with the antlers, his front feet off the ground and his hind legs stuck in a barbwire fence. Must have been painful. Guess who has the antlers in his shop?:bananen_smilies051:

Nice find! When you get a chance can you post up some pics of the rack?

Pitoon

Top Bottom