Atrax Combustion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

Here's my first Atrax from ExoticBlanks. It's an "Upgrade" Gold Fountain Pen. I dressed it up with one of Jonothan Brooks' Combustion blanks and a Bock nib from Classic Nib.

THANKS to everyone who had a part in this pen. It's going in my private collection.

EarlD

P1030959.jpg

P1030956.jpg

P1030965.jpg

P1030976.jpg

P1030973.jpg

P1030970.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EarlD

That is one hot pen. Really like the blank. So what do you think of the Atrax pen? Is it a nice pen?

I really like this kit. I'm not a fan of "accent" platings and have been looking for components in one color plating with no black plastic showing and this fills the bill. I've got more fountain pens, rollerballs and ballpoints on the shelf...gotta try them all. lol

EarlD

ghostrider

I saw those on their website, and was wanting to see what someone would do with it.

People have been complaining about "too much bling", and this kit certainly addresses that complaint.

You did a great job of matching it to blank to come up with something, showing how the simpleness of the kit allows the turner to show off the blank if done right.

ToddMR

You are making me thinking about trying out this kit. Very nice pairing up with blank and kit. Everything looks so nice. No wonder its going in your private collection. You did a great job on the fit and finish. Thanks for sharing.

MarkD

That's a beauty Earl. Nice addition to your collection.
I assume you reverse painted the blank?

Drstrangefart

I showed the wife this one with no warning. Question 1: Is that a Brooks blank? Well done. Now that I can type effectively, that was definitely a great kit for that blank, and I hope to put one of those blanks on something sooner or later.

Brooks803

VERY nice Earl! I really like that kit as well. I hope you're able to make it to the meeting on Sat. I'd love to see your work in person. Fit-N-Finish are perfect as usual! You did awesome on the reverse painting too.

SDB777

Do you always upgrade the fountain pen nibs, or was it a 'This-is-mine-and-I'm-gonna-get-it!" thing?

Awesome blank, someone has a pretty good mind's-eye to come up with that coloring! Well done!

Scott (purty) B

EarlD

This was only my third FP. Have one I've used personally and sold one. I wanted to upgrade this one to see the difference...and there is some. The Bock is just sooo smooth. I have more and will offer them if to customers if they want them. I have this pen to show off the difference.

That would be Jonathon Brooks eye you're referring to. :)

EarlD

Do you always upgrade the fountain pen nibs, or was it a 'This-is-mine-and-I'm-gonna-get-it!" thing?

Awesome blank, someone has a pretty good mind's-eye to come up with that coloring! Well done!

Scott (purty) B

Top Bottom