Atrax BP with Dave Bell Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

Dave makes some incredibly beautifully blanks. Unfortunately, I am too lazy to spend any time taking a decent picture (my box is a SFRB spray painted flat back, I do own a real LB, but I stink at using that one too).

This blank is dark blue, white pearl, and black with BEB. I had the grain lined-up, but gave up after trading-out the refill for a Schmidt.

This one was sold.

No need to comment, like, etc. I just show them to give folks ideas about what they may like to try or NEVER try :)

Oh yeah...2 coats of thin and 8 coats of medium mercury brand CA.

Attachments

• atrax bp blue black white dave dell.jpg
    atrax bp blue black white dave dell.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Dave makes some incredibly beautifully blanks. Unfortunately, I am too lazy to spend any time taking a decent picture (my box is a SFRB spray painted flat back, I do own a real LB, but I stink at using that one too).

This blank is dark blue, white pearl, and black with BEB. I had the grain lined-up, but gave up after trading-out the refill for a Schmidt.

This one was sold.

No need to comment, like, etc. I just show them to give folks ideas about what they may like to try or NEVER try :)

Oh yeah...2 coats of thin and 8 coats of medium mercury brand CA.
If you ever seen my pictures, you would complain less about yours. :biggrin:

TonyL

That's funny! I don't care about doing a disservice to my workmanship (it pales in comparison to many, especially the custom artisans). I don't want to detract from the blank makers art. I just enjoy seeing how the different blanks look when they are turned and matched to the hardware. Ok....time to do my mom's taxes. LOL.

Charlie_W

Top notch as usual Tony!

Dave Bell does make very nice blanks. I got to meet Dave at last year's AAW Symposium where he was doing a casting demo.
I had in my pocket a pen which he had cast and turned/ finished. This was from a few years back where we were in a pen swap and he had my name. This swap was through Penturners Paradise at the time. He also included some of his Burl cast blanks in the box. Dave remembered the pen!
It was nice to meet face to face and thank him again for the pen.

TonyL

Very good guy. He is like a "surgeon" when it comes to casting. I may go to the Atlanta Symposium in June (or May, I forgot). I don't really have interested beyond penturning, but maybe I will find one.

I just bought a microscope to examine my finishes in even greater detail....maybe I will discover another planet residing within the barrels LOL.

TonyL

Thanks Robert. I used that Mercury Brand glue.

I just checked-out your website. Do you stocks 10yd rolls of Abranet? I didn't see any.

robertkulp

Thanks Robert. I used that Mercury Brand glue.

I just checked-out your website. Do you stocks 10yd rolls of Abranet? I didn't see any.

Thanks for asking, Tony. I buy my 10yd and 25yd rolls from SuperGrit.com, Amazon.com, or NAinc.org and cut them into smaller pieces to sell. While I would be glad to sell you a full roll, you're better off ordering directly from one of these.

Top Bottom