Atlas pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

This was my first try at this type of pen. I didn't really think I would like them, but I do. They look and feel better then the pictures I've seen of them. The first one is Curly Koa from Mr. Bill, but it didn't have much curl in it. The second one is Teak that I got from either Daniel or Rich, can't remember, sorry guys. [:I]

AtlasKoa.jpg

AtlasTeak.jpg

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chuck C

Very nice pens, R.T. I sure do like the style. PSI sells a similiar one called the Polaris. That style seems to show the wood off better. Thanks for letting us see them.

Gregory Huey

Great job! I really havent look at this kit to close but after seeing what it looks like in black I think I might turn a couple. I have made a couple of the polars from PSI and it just did not ring my bell.

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone, appreciate the input!

For those that haven't tried one of these, this pen is about the diameter of a cigar pen but shorter. It's only about 5 inches long and the blank is just under 3 inches. Some of the blanks I have will be long enough to make two pens from a single blank. It's an easy pen to make and the long single blank really shows off the wood nicely. Try it out, I really think you'll like it.

R.T.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I agree R.T., I did not like the look of the pen in the catalog either... then someone persuaded me to give it a try... said that once you actually held it you would be sold... I was... and I think my customers will be also...
I have turned some gold and black so far and from my experience I think the plating is deeper than a lot of other kits out there...
Bill is really going whole hog on creating fantastic new kits for us and is trying to put the maximum amount of quality plating he can and keep the prices reasonable... Keep it up Bill... we need those new ideas..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom