Ash with Teak Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fleabit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleabit

Talk about a pain to photograph:( I could not get the file small enough and still keep the quality. Had to settle on this:( Others had been doing one form or another on this style, so I thought I would try myself. This is my version: Ash with Teak inlays on a Designer Pen. Comments welcome (especially better pic taking [:0])

200551216417_IMG_00461.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fleabit

Frank: I use sanding sealer after sanding to 400 grit. Let it dry over night, and than hit it with MM up to 12000 before I put the finish on. This is the only way that I have been able to get Ash to come out. Now if I can only figure out how to keep teak from gathering sanding dust[xx(]

atvrules1

Hey Rick, Very nice job. Inlays look great. Fit and finish are superb. Photograph sure looks better than mine. Thats all the critizism I can think of, now for the compliments.................hmmmmmm[:D]

Randy_

Originally posted by Fleabit<br />...I could not get the file small enough and still keep the quality...

The file really isn't that big......34K.....I've seen pen photos that were several meg in size. Viewing the picture would be a lot easier for most board members if you reduced the size of the picture to about 640 pixels. Saves having to scroll left and right to view the whole pen.
2005514202127_pen_640.jpg
<br />
Forgetting about the photography situation, the pen is a nice one!!

Randy_

Here is the same picture at 750 pixels wide. You have to scroll a little; but people who have monitors set up for 800x600 can still see the whole picture without having to scroll back and forth.

2005514214413_pen_big.jpg
<br />

Fleabit

Randy: 34K is what I finally got it wittled down to. I just got a new digital camerea and I am still figuring it out. Thanks for the pixel info though...puts it into percpective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom