The artwork of Marla Mills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larry in Harrow

This is my attempt to do justice to a beautiful blank cast by Marla.

1__10066_Sierra-Click_Chiyogami-Cast-Marla-Mills_1.jpg

I chose the black chrome thinking it was reminicent of the famous black lacquer on Japanese furniture which should frame the Chiyogami paper properly. Not sure I made the right choice. The other option was a two tone copper?
A closer view of the great blank:

1__10066_Sierra-Click_Chiyogami-Cast-Marla-Mills_2.jpg

Thank you Marla for this gift. Comments are welcome. By the way Marla is our own "Crickett".

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Marla's blank is a work of art and your choice of blank is perfect for this blank. It displays the beautiful art work without trying to overpower it. Congratulations to both of you for a beautifully exequeted pen. One of these days, when I win the loto, I will hire someone to spell for me.
Charles

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Marla's blank is a work of art and your choice of blank is perfect for this blank. It displays the beautiful art work without trying to overpower it. Congratulations to both of you for a beautifully exequeted pen. One of these days, when I win the loto, I will hire someone to spell for me.
Charles
Hi Charles; Hire me please! "executed"

toolcrazy

Beautiful Pen.

My wife saw this pen and another. She is hounding me now to make some. She is a crafter and has a bunch of Chiyogami paper and other paper. So, I have to try it.

areaman

I agree with the others, the black looks great, not sure about the copper. But with that blank I think you could use just about anything and it would still look great.

robutacion

Great stuff...!!!:wink::biggrin:

I had no idea that Marla (Crickett) was into casting, much less creating such stunning designs...!:eek:
She has shown great ability and creativity with her pens since the beginning when I met her at one other pen-turners forum but this is just the cream on the cake (so far...!!!)

Well done Marla...!

And you Larry, have certainly picked a good colour kit to "expose" Marla's work, making yourself a very good job at it also...!:wink:

Cheers
George

aggromere

Me either. That is a way cool blank and you did an outstanding job. There are so many talented people here. Anyone know of another pen turning forum were no one can do anything. I might start posting there, lol.

Rfturner

I think that if it was another color kit it would take away from the stunning look it has it also looks very classy and elegant in black

Top Bottom