Artist Sketchers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

I finally got a little shop time today and was able to get five pens done. Here are two Sketch Pencils that I finished in Red and Brown Mallee Burl (Lee Tree Works). These are Christmas gifs for my sisters who both draw quite a bit. (The photo blurs towards the lead end of the brown mallee, and makes the finish appear cloudy).

sketch.jpg

Comments always welcome.

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul Russell

Nice job Fangar!!

These are the Artist Sketch Pencils that CSUSA sells. They certainly can be used as shop pencils also. These do have a tube on the inside. What sets them apart as Artist Pencils is that they have a clip, the other "shop" pencils do not. Be aware that you have to drill a straight hole 3 1/2" long.

Fangar

Thanks everyone. Paul is correct. These are the ones that Anthony (Penworks) wrote up the nice summary on a while back. Nice kit to turn, but does require a deep drilling. I drilled these on the lathe without any issues. I think on the next batch, I will likely curver the barrels below the bushing line and then back up to them as Anthony did in a few of his shots. They are very thick otherwise. Very soft lead too. I would recommend the HB lead (Harder) if one was to make these for shop pencils.

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom