Artist Pencil - First One

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

It's been awhile since I turned a writing instrument, here is something new for me. This is what is called an arist pencil, the kit is from Craft Supply USA.

2006104134629_IMG_7044.jpg

The pencil body is a stabilized buck eye burl. The kits is simple, the shape not too controlled by the hardware. It feels great in your hand, and they do look nice.

:D All comments are welcome....critiques appreciated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by LanceD
<br />Jim, good to see you back at the lathe. I like that kit and it looks great with the buckeye burl.

Thanks Lance,

I have been making furniture most of the summer, It's Lathe season now...had some fun looking for some of the goodies I stashed away, I thought I was good at putting everything in it's place, but try and find them...LOL that took a few hours!

[:D]

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Jim,

Flat work eased its grip on you huh?

WELCOME back!!!

Oh yeah, nice pencil [:)]

LOL Dario,

No, the furniture is still in the shop, but my first craft sale is November 4, I need to get busy...my first Tru Stones are drilled and glued, waiting for me tonight...should be fun!!

:)

Thanks for the kind words

johncrane

G'Day Jim its good to see your back at it mate'your pen looks great.l made one out of redgum a while ago l used a hard shelac finsh and left it ontop of the fridge to dry.just one more l havent finished . [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom