Arthritic Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

No, the pen does not have arthritis but the eye doctor does and these are for him.
Pens - 1-17-11 Antler Slimline 1.jpg

Pens - 1-17-11 Arthritic Manzanita over Antler 1.jpg

Pens - 1-17-11 Mananita over Manzanita 4.jpg

Pens - 1-17-11 Arthritic Manzanita over Antler 3.jpg

pens - 1-17-11 Arthritic Manzanta over Manzanita 2.jpg

The fat pen was sanded to 2000, six coats of CA/BLO, Micro Polished and then polished with Mac Quires (sp?) auto wax. The slimline was finished with a HUT hard wax.

Whoops, the antler Slimline was mislabeled and should not be included. My mistake.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

To further this story a little further; I had a pen like this only with more severe curves. I called it 'Mr. Ugly'. I sold it quickly to a lady accountant who had arthritis. I learned to have respect for all my pens from that day forward.

toyotaman

Nice pens. I did notice the pen on the bottom looks to have a little white in the burn lines. The combination of BLO and CA can do that especially if you use aceleorator. I quit using BLO and now use straight CA and that problem went away. I like your designs.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I really like the shape of that pen. The wood has some interesting qualities, too. Did you tell him he could "test drive" it before purchase?

I used to have 3 different styles and width diameter for people to "drive" a bit - to make sure they get the one that provides the most comfort.

Top Bottom