Art show at work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from thefunkyP

thefunkyP

Here are two pens I made for a small art show at the engineering firm I work for. Entered as 3D design. I didn't win, but got a couple admirers and interest in the pens. Got a couple of orders too! One is a Baron fountain pen that has been painted by my wife. The other is a Panache that has Ash, and Acrylic segmented together. The cap unfortunately doesn't line up like I'd like but was a fun exercise.

Thanks for looking, comments and critique are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Those are fantastic pens Ben, my favourite is the Baron. Your wife made a beautiful job of painting the barrels.
Panache looks great too, shame about both sections not lining up, but hey, as long as you enjoyed yourself! :)

thefunkyP

Thanks Mark,
I'm not sure if I'd ever do the Panache kit again, but the segmenting definitely got my mind going in new directions.

I am also hoping to convince Lane to do more paintings on my pens as that is my favorite as well.
Thanks again!

thefunkyP

Originally posted by TowMater

Very nice!

What is it about the Panache that you don't like?

Don't get me wrong I like the look of the Panache, but the construction wasn't easy for me. Firstly, my pen mill is only 3/4" in dia. which isn't wide enough for the end bushings for the kit. Secondly, the body is a fairly long tube which is difficult to drill on the small drill press that I have. Thirdly, I didn't care for the way it feels in my hand when I'm writing with it. I do love the way it looks though, and the amount of wood it shows it awesome. :)

Buzz

Both are great looking pens, well done. The Panache is a pain for squaring the ends. I finish them on a sanding disc after milling. I also have the same issue with the travel distance on my drill press.

It is an attractive and interesting pen, but not a big seller, at least for me.

Top Bottom