Art Noveau revisited

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

For the last month or so i have been getting to grips with my new chrome plating tank setup, which is far more superior than the brush plating technique i have been using for the past few years.

So with this in mind, i have sanded down my art noveau pen, and replated it, but this time in the chrome tank. Its gleaming like a signal mirror. so much so its quite difficultto photograph :)

If you would like to compare, here is the original
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/art-nouveau-kitless-105322/

ou will notice parts which look like the plating hasnt adhered, along with places which look translucent etc etc..

This plating is four times thicker than what can be acheived with brush, and because of this it will withstand quite alot of abuse.

Attachments

• an1.jpg
    an1.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 224
  • an2.jpg
    an2.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 227
  • an3.jpg
    an3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 152
  • an4.jpg
    an4.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 186
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Still looks good Brad.
Please remind me again....is the entire pen fully plated and then you do the black, or is the plating just going up to the edge?

I hope you have a pen in at least one of the current contests too.
I haven't had a chance to even get near my cave for ages!!:frown:

BradG

Thanks Rich,

Steve, yes im in a couple of the contests :wink: get in your cave!! miss seeing your stainless works of art.

I apply the black before i plate it, so if you were to scrape that off you would find brass.

just finished redoing the wolf and the moon pen. (original here)
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/full-moon-105452/

Attachments

• wolf1.jpg
    wolf1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 130
  • wolf2.jpg
    wolf2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 123

BradG

Hi Jim
no, no need. you wont get bleed through with tank chrome. if brush plating then wise to nickel plate first to prevent this. I do pickle them though

BradG

Thanks seamus. Just glad allbthe experimentation is coming together now. Though still have to perfect black chrome

bluwolf

Very nice Brad. Like Skip, I have not been in the shop lately. Unlike him though, I have no good reason:rolleyes:

Mike

BradG

Very nice Brad. Like Skip, I have not been in the shop lately. Unlike him though, I have no good reason:rolleyes:

Mike

I would say blame it on the cold weather.. but you lost rights to that excuse living in florida :rolleyes: will just have to spend some time in your shop i guess :biggrin:

Top Bottom