Art Deco wearing pink stainless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

When I first started making pens around 2 years ago I bought some Art Deco pens. They are very nice, a little heavy and never really sold well for me. I had one with HRB with a big bulge in the middle, so I took it apart and turned off the HRB and put some stainless braid on the tube and cast in transparent red and this is the result. It is almost a hot pink and the pictures are pretty close to the pen color in person.
Thanks for looking and feel free to copy this original idea (I think)
Brian Kort
Southern Pen Designs
Over & out :biggrin:

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

That Art Deco look just cries out for something that will make a big "splash", and you did it. Nice design approach. Did you change out the crystal? It looks like it has the color tones of the barrel.
Steve

That Art Deco look just cries out for something that will make a big "splash", and you did it. Nice design approach. Did you change out the crystal? It looks like it has the color tones of the barrel.
Steve

That kit comes with an orage/amber crystal in it...

SDB777

You know if I keep looking at these turningz, I'm going to have to get that 25feet of material and start exopying tubes:eek:, then casting:eek:

I do believe you have 'nailed the stainless' to a T!!! Between this and the othe two-toned, I would have a hard time picking a favorite!

Scott (it's hot, I donwanna cast) B

Top Bottom